25 First Avenue SW, STE A, Watertown, SD 57201 | (605) 221-2779

Certificate of Authority for South Dakota LLC

South Dakota Foreign LLC

If you have an LLC located outside of South Dakota and you want to operate in South Dakota, you will need to register your limited liability company as a foreign South Dakota LLC. Once your paperwork is filed, the state returns a filed certificate of authority from the Corporations Division of the South Dakota Secretary of State.

We can register your out of state LLC in South Dakota for $100 plus the state filing fee.

OR, you can do the filing yourself, and just sign up with us as your registered agent in South Dakota. All foreign South Dakota LLCs will require a registered agent. You can have this service for $49 a year.

Once you sign up for our South Dakota registered agent service, you will be logged into your client account online where you’ll find the South Dakota foreign LLC form you file with the South Dakota Secretary of State, Corporations Division.

After taking a look at the resources and forms we provide in your client account, if you do not want to actually do the filing yourself, you can click on the add services tab in your account, and have us submit your filing for you for $100 plus the state filing fees. As part of that service, we will also obtain the correct documents from the home state of your LLC organization that we need to correctly register your foreign LLC in the State of South Dakota.